Thursday 1 May 2014

Hazlehead Pitch and Putt Course - Course no 635

Hazlehead Park also has a 9 hole Pitch and Putt Course useful either as a starter course for young children or for sharpening your short game skills.  I played this little course immediately after Polly and I had finished playing the famous old Hazlehead No1 Course in Aberdeen on 30 April 2014. 

With holes ranging between around 60 -100 Yards, this course has tiny greens only a few yards across.  Although my short game is reasonably good these days, it was very difficult to hit and hold these surfaces, particularly on the holes with plateau greens.  I went round in a pretty reasonable 31 strokes, 4 over the par of 27, with 14 putts.  I'd play it again as a warm-up if I ever visited Hazelhead Park's other courses again.

Here are a few photos of the course. Note the plateau green on the final photo.  This green is about 5 yards wide and a yard above the surrounding fairway.  I shudder to think how that hole plays in really dry conditions! Not for the faint hearted.  And there are still some who don't think that pitch and putt courses should be counted as golf courses?





No comments:

Post a Comment