Saturday 28 July 2012

Brancumhall Pitch and Putt Course - Course no 523

I played here after my earlier round at Langlands on 27 July 2012.  To give this little parkland course its full title, the Brancumhall, Adult and Junior Golf Development Centre and 9 Hole Mini Golf Course is a pitch and putt course in East Kilbride that caters primarily for beginners and those wishing to sharpen their short game.  The 9 holes vary between 33 and 82 yards, with the Adult Par being 28.  The greens are tiny but were actually considerably faster and more even than I'd found earlier in the day at Langlands.  This is the 2nd, a downhill 73 Yard Par 3.  For me, the challenge was to hit and hold the greens with 9 iron pitches and make some decent putts.  With the greens running so fast and being so small, I only made 4 greens in regulation.  However, I made a 3 on each of the holes to go round in 27 with 13 putts. 

This is the 5th, a slightly uphill 82 Yard 4 (yes, a Par 4!).  This is a really good community facility offering an ideal opportunity for youngsters to develop an interest in golf and for more experienced players to develop their short game skills.  Brancumhall was in great condition and although it was still pretty windy, the earlier rain showers had been replaced by warm sunshine.  It was therefore disappointing that I had the course to myself - where were all of the local kids on their school holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment