Monday 4 June 2012

Luffness New GC - Practice Course - Course no 506

This  5 hole Par 3 course measuring 635 Yards Par 15  supplements the excellent 18 hole links course at Luffness New GC, near Gullane in East Lothian.  I'd played the 18 hole course a few times many years ago and must have driven past this club hundreds of times, as it's only a few miles from my home, without realising that it also had a short game practice course tucked away to the right of the 1st and 2nd holes of the main course.  I only found this little course when walking the main course in preparation for caddying work during the US Kids' Golf Foundation European Championship, being played over Luffness New and some other local courses between 5-8 June 2012.  I'd caddied for Jim De Heij, the Dutch Boys Champion in a practice round on 4 June 2012, so we took the opportunity to play the practice course afterwards, with his father, Huub.

There's no scorecard as such, but this is how I scored

Hole 1  150 yards   4 strokes  2 putts

Hole 2  112 yards   2 strokes  0 putts

Hole 3  163 yards   4 strokes  2 putts

Hole 4  133 yards   3 strokes  2 putts

Hole 5   77 yards    4 strokes  2 putts
                                  17               8
So 17 strokes in total, 2 over par, with 8 putts.  I didn't keep Jim's score, but I think it was 13 - but certainly a lot better than mine! This little course would also be ideal for young children to learn on, so I hope it gets used!  This is a view from the 1st tee, with the ruined castle just outside Gullane in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment