Tuesday 12 April 2011

Carluke GC - Practice Course - Course no 394

I'd not realised before fronting up at Carluke GC on 12 April 2011 that the club also had a 6-hole Par 3 course used for beginners, juniors and general practice.  Although the holes ranged from 46-107 yards, totalling 506 yards together, Par 18, this still scores as separate golf course under the definition that Craig, Stu and I are using on our travels around Scotland.

I'd dodged some heavy showers during my round over Carluke's 18 hole course earlier in the day and the weather seemed OK when I started the Par 3 Practice Course.  This is the only photo I took, looking up the course from behind the 1st tee (green to the right).   I'd no sooner parred the 1st than a dark cloud arrived, quickly followed by heavy rain that encouraged me to play the course in only a few minutes, taking 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 4 (8 putts).

A good practice facility, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment